[eagle] Still Even Another Revision

Dick Jansson-rr rjansson at cfl.rr.com
Thu Oct 18 12:56:52 PDT 2007

Bob:

Owing to the "popularity" of these discussion, I have done further revisions
of the E05 20 Module. It is now officially termed a "140x180" module as the
PCB has grown to that size. The size increase has allowed an increase in PCB
working area to a clear 126x173.6mm, 6.35mm deep, save for three protrusions
- two support posts and the third at the front to accommodate the third
connector plate screw (this later post is not in contact with the PCB as
explained earlier). The three attached PDF files show the module with its
cover attached, cover removed and PCB and cover removed.

I shall shortly be able to issue a drawing of this revised PCB.

The cover has further been simplified as the rear mounting flange has been
removed and replaced by side-inserted screws, as is for the cover's sides.

Chuck has properly noted that such a mounting of the PCB will enhance the
thermal characteristics of the PCB. I plan to combine an earlier PCB thermal
analysis and this new PCB configuration and expect to be able to identify
the power handling capability of this PCB without the use of any added heat
sinks. The enhancement should certainly be available along three sides of
the PCB. That data should be available for the Symposium.

Dick Jansson, KD1K
 <mailto:kd1k at amsat.org> kd1k at amsat.org
 <mailto:kd1k at arrl.net> kd1k at arrl.net