[eagle] Re: Updated Module

Rick Hambly (W2GPS) w2gps at cnssys.com
Thu Oct 18 04:47:48 PDT 2007

Dick,

The current design has too much unnecessary hardware and access to the
inside of the modules is unnecessarily restrictive. Why not have a full
depth machined chassis with a screw-on top and front plate? That would
eliminate the PEM standoffs and lots of hardware plus it would allow top
only access to PCBs. Tolerances for board mounting could be more closely
managed as could overall chassis stiffness. It would also allow for maximum
flexibility in the use of front panel space. Boards could be inserted from
the top or front as desired. We could choose to use front loading slots for
the PCB with fewer screw-in machined standoffs to maximize usable board
area.

Rick

W2GPS

AMSAT LM2232