[eagle] Re: Updated Module

Chuck Green greencl at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 17 14:45:31 PDT 2007

Hi Dick,

This is a good step forward.

I had in mind making the PCB wider so that it extends over the entire
length of the base plate on each side.  It seems to me that you could
then make the PCB mounting points less intrusive into the cavity below
the PCB.  It looks like I still have that option even if you don't
change the mounting points (true?).  And I think that would also better
support the PCB and allow for more thermal contact between the PCB and
the base.

I see that you have more mounting points per linear distance for the
cover than for the PCB.  Is this based on vibration modeling?

> Also note that the depth of the cavity below the posts is 6.35mm, save
> for in the very center where there is an attachment for the connector
> plate that is located 0.75mm below the PCB for a space in the center
> that is 10mm wide by 6mm deep from the connector plate. I was loathe
> to locate such a piece here but felt the need for a third attachment
> for the connector plate.

Please reconsider this.  It will cause considerable restriction on where
connectors can be located that are also soldered to the PCB.  Connector
space/flexibility is a *major* issue.

Chuck