[eagle] Re: 125x180 Module Assembly

Dick Jansson-rr rjansson at cfl.rr.com
Tue Oct 16 16:19:54 PDT 2007

Chuck:

These are all quite valid suggestions. On PCB mounting, the center supports
will still be needed for the keeping of the self-resonance of the PCB up
above the 200Hz area. These suggestions will be given consideration.

For Juan, using socket head cap screws certainly can be done, but I suspect
that you are trying to use a very well worn Phillips screw driver. The ONLY
Phillips screw driver has to be one with a hardened tip, such as those that
are used with a magnetic hex driver tool. With these 4-40 screws if there is
any wear in the Phillips recess that screw is waste basket material, and
properly used you just cannot have enough torque to pop the tool without
shearing off the screw head. This also tells me that your torquing of the
screws has been unnecessarily high causing the standoff posts to lose their
grip.

'73,
Dick Jansson, KD1K
 <mailto:kd1k at amsat.org> kd1k at amsat.org