[eagle] Re: 125x180 Module Assembly

Chuck Green greencl at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 16 15:22:30 PDT 2007

Hi Dick,

It looks like you intend the PCB to go over the lip of the front of the
base plate and screw to it. Any chance of doing the same on the sides?
Might you put threaded holes along the sides for that purpose? The PCB
would be more securely held along those sides and, more important to
some applications, there would be better thermal conductivity from that
part of the PCB to the frame of the box. You might also be able to
eliminate some of the stand-off's which would allow more of the PCB for
components.

Another thought, which might not be compatible with the first thought...
I see that the box lid has "ears" that come down over the front
(connector) plate and a screw through each of them. Any chance of
reversing that and having the ears on the front plate with a screw
through the cover from the side? That would help with space for
connectors on the front plate a little.

Looking good!

Chuck