[eagle] Re: 125x180 Module Assembly

Juan Rivera juan-rivera at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 16 13:23:15 PDT 2007

Guys,

I assume the PCB mounts are the same swaged PEM hardware as in the prototype
I have.  Is that correct?  In my prototype all of those standoffs are loose
and can be rotated with light finger pressure.  This is not good.  Also, I'm
wondering what the manufacturer's tolerance is on length.  It would be a
shame to have a nice flat baseplate and then add errors to the PCB flatness
due to tolerance differences in the standoffs.

I'd also suggest cap head screws for attaching the PCB to the chassis
instead of Phillips.  My screwdriver has jumped out of the head and landed
on the PCB several times.  If that happened to a flight board we'd have no
choice but to replace every component that could have possibly been damaged
by the screwdriver as a precaution.  I think cap head screws would make for
a safer attachment since an Alan wrench is much less likely to jump out of
the head during installation or removal.

73,

Juan - WA6HTP