[eagle] Re: Revised Module Suggestion

Bill Ress bill at hsmicrowave.com
Tue Oct 16 10:32:51 PDT 2007

Hi Lyle,

I appreciated your response to my terse post. Perhaps my very brief
comments reflect my frustration in what has been (from where I sit) a
grindingly slow year lacking in "visible" progress on Eagle development
- expect for the fine work being done by Juan Rivera and his team with
John Stephensen and recently Dick Jansson.

But regarding you comments about technical discussions over a beer, I
must bring up a 5/28/07 'Eagle" post from Bob McGweir-----"

I agree with Tom's sentiment and I gave the old "Bob can be a jerk"
stomping to private conversation's on Eagle technical matters off list.
It ends NOW.  We discuss project technical matters here, from the
beginning to the end.  Personnel issues are to be dealt with privately
with/by the project manager and NEVER on this list.

There are many who are on this list who have lots of experience in
building these packages for spacecraft.  We need the benefit of all of
their experience.

Bob"

I'm hoping we are following Bob's post. I just think it's appropriate
that when technical discussions over a beer appear to become a consensus
especially among two or more Board members and other Eagle team members,
that can appear to be an "ad hoc committee" whose opinions and weight of
authority can easily become a course of action without getting the
opportunity for "other" inputs.

You also say " we all know, there are certain limitations to who can
discuss what with whom due to the way our governement views spacecraft
and related technology." well I certainly don't know what these are.

I know management has been working on ITAR issues but I haven't heard
anything about it since June 07. I think it would be very appropriate
for the results (if any are available) of those discussions to be made
available with "guidelines" distributed to the uninformed as to what it
all means us. In my discussions with associates worldwide about
technical issues (not directly Eagle related), I would hate to
ignorantly stub my toe on ITAR/AMSAT issues.

Regards...Bill - N6GHz