[eagle] Internet issue

Robert McGwier rwmcgwier at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 07:06:06 PDT 2007

Today is the day Verizon comes and I get trapped into their monopoly
(FIOS).  I have given up on getting Comcast to fix things or reduce
their prices.  With Verizon I have 3 digital boxes,  faster internet,
more channels of nothing on,  and it all costs me $45 a month LESS than
comcast.  After they get the majority of us trapped in their monopoly, I
am expecting the prices to rise but $45 is a ways to go.  It will
ultimately result in Comcast dropping their price.

Anyway, enough soap box:

Later today the internet switch over will occur.  It may OR MAY NOT go
smoothly.  If it does,  I will be on the teamspeak conference.  If it
does not go smoothly, I will not.  I would suggest that we could use the
Meet Me line (it is Tuesday) but when my cable goes out, so does my
phone.  That is the nature of a monopoly is it not?

“An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why
must the pessimist always run to blow it out?” Descartes