[eagle] Re: YAHOO!!!! IT WORKS!!!!

Don Ferguson kd6ire at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 16 19:54:39 PDT 2007

Jim,

You are correct that some documentation is necessary. The reason we did not
relate to this concern earlier was that when we received the Widget for the
UHF Receiver I first communicated with it using CDNC and in doing a Query
the module returned its presence and created log records with the correct
address in them.

I then used these original Log records to create the data stream to include
the initialization data for the U-Rx. The fact that these records already
contained the correct address, via CDNC Query, made the concept of Widget
Address a non issue.

Our lack of understanding was not obvious until we attempted to use our
initialization stream on a different widget and the receiver failed to
function. There was no noticeable indication from the CDNC program that the
widget addressed was not available.

It is now apparent that we will need to document this area and I will add
some documentation to the CAN-DO part of the U-RX ATP. Others will want to
use this experience to guide them in documenting their part of the Eagle
project.

Don