[eagle] Re: YAHOO!!!! IT WORKS!!!!

Chuck Green greencl at mindspring.com
Sun Sep 16 17:53:10 PDT 2007

Hi Jim,

The mode and address must be soldered onto the widget (jumper pads
provided on the widget for this purpose).  It is assumed that the module
builder would do this.  It's that assumption that should be documented.
I say this to bring up the follow-on issue.

The module builder chooses the mode.

The address should be specified by the system administrator since the
addresses must be unique for each module and the priority is a function
of the address.  Module builders should give input to the system
administrator as to what they feel their priority should be, but
presumably only the system administrator is in a position to know the
priority requirements of *all* modules and is therefor in a position to
make these priority (address) decisions.

Chuck