[eagle] Re: 70 cm receiver inoperative with new CAN-Do module - More

Juan Rivera juan-rivera at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 16 10:52:29 PDT 2007

Bob,

It's the CAN-Do PCB with the 40-pin header on it that normally would solder
to the main PCB - the one with the EMI problem.  I really didn't want to
mess with the first one but no one stepped up to look into the EMI problem
so I finally gave up and decided to do it myself.  I wish I hadn't.

Now that one is dead and the replacement from Stephen appears to work but
the receiver isn't initializing.  I don't want to touch this receiver until
I have completely ruled out a bad replacement CAN-Do module by trying
another one.  I'd rather build up a second receiver from scratch than start
desoldering parts from this one.  That is a huge effort to be doing right
now.  I also don't have all the parts I need so I'd have to pull some from
this receiver.  The chance of making things worse is very real if I have to
dig into the receiver.  Trying a third CAN-Do module has no risk.

73, Juan