[eagle] Re: PAVE PAWS EMI

Juan Rivera juan-rivera at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 3 18:47:00 PDT 2007

Bob,

We spent the afternoon trying to characterize the pulses that I see here
with my antenna pointed north.  See my last plot for details:

http://www.juanr.com/pages/hobbies/ham_radio/Eagle/PAVE_PAWS.htm

You'll see several evenly spaced areas showing many hits over about a 30
minute span.  They are too evenly spaced to be random but they don't conform
to the PAVE PAWS band plan that I pulled from environmental impact reports
from years ago.  Because of the recent push to clear ham repeaters off of
the air anywhere in the vicinity of a PAVE PAWS site, we know something has
changed, but what?

To resolve all of our questions we'll need to move to an unobstructed
location atop a local mountain and try again.  That will take a few weeks.
Until then I would be cautious about using my .wav file.  It might be the
neighbor driving around the block on his Harley.

73, Juan