[eagle] Re: AO-51 Multiband Antenna???

Bill Ress bill at hsmicrowave.com
Mon Sep 3 18:02:59 PDT 2007

Hi Gould,

This is my response to Andrew, which I sent before receiving your reply.
But your the guy I really need to address the question to since your the
author of the book I'm looking at.

"Thanks for the reply Andrew.

Maybe I'm a bit confused. In my Gould "ECHO" book (Version 1.1 - May
2004) on page 31, Figure 18 "ECHO satellite tray and component layout"
it shows the VHF, the 4 element UHF turnstile and the L and S band
antennas - - - but it also shows a "multiband antenna" feeding a switch
and then the SQRX receiver. The other side of the switch is fed from the
L band LNA. The SQRX can tune from 10 to 1300 MHz, and somehow I
remember a 28 MHz SSB uplink test. Could be I've got the satellites or
modes mixed up.

By the way, that Figure 18 is the only place I can see the "multiband
antenna" referenced so maybe it's an error. Figure 16, on page 30 shows
the other side of the switch being fed by the VHF antenna. That's
probably the right representation.

Can you help straighten me out?

Regards...Bill - N6GHz "