[eagle] Info on U-band receiver changes

John B. Stephensen kd6ozh at comcast.net
Sun Aug 19 17:33:40 PDT 2007

I've posted the schematic and assembly drawing for the U-band receiver test
fixture on the U-band receiver page in EaglePedia just above the receiver
fabrication section. This PCB was made to test a way to tune the matching
networks for the narrow-band SAW filters. I also added a new second mixer
and IF amplifier so that changes to reduce thermal dissipation in revision B
of the receiver can be tested. Note that the average DC power consumed by
first IF amplifier, second mixer and second IF amplifier drops from 870 mW
to 370 mW. The circuit should exceed the specifications in the
recently-revised U-band receiver requiremnts document.