[eagle] Re: A power supply idea

Bdale Garbee bdale at gag.com
Wed Aug 15 00:27:31 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-14 at 22:58 -0400, Tom Clark, K3IO wrote:
> Since there has been a lot of discussion on the CAN-DO power supply
> considerations, I thought I would pass on what the Suitsat-2 people are
> doing.
>
> They seem to have settled on using the Newport NMV series of COTS
> isolated supply modules. I've attached 2 PDF files that describe the
> units for your information.

Thanks for the pointer, Tom.

Not clearly relevant for CAN-Do, since they have pretty hideous
efficiency at low current levels, fairly tight (+/- 10%) specs on input
voltage, and seem fairly large physically.  The app note also suggests
that keeping them quiet could take some external filtering.  Could be
very useful for module builders needing a supply in the 100ma DC range
downstream of a CAN-Do power switch, though!

73 - Bdale, KB0G