[eagle] Re: [Fwd: HFSS Training, Burlington MA, August 2-3]

Robert McGwier rwmcgwier at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 07:14:23 PDT 2007

We have sufficient licenses to support a few serious people with
Designer and HFSS and MOST of the other Ansoft tool set.

Ulrich Rohde and I are acquaintances and I knew he was the founding
chairman of the board at Ansoft.  I asked him to help us and he
contacted the current CEO at Ansoft!  We got everything we wanted and
more.  Hambly successfully talked them into a modification of the
license to be a distributed community.  This has a noncommercial
qualifier on it but that is not a problem for AMSAT.  It will be if
anyone decides to do commercial work with it and we are found out.

We have a tutorial done by an HFSS expert and AMSAT and personal friend
of many of us,  W1GHZ, Paul Wade.

I would really like to see us use these licenses and I encourage the
serious to try it.  HFSS and Designer are not for the faint of heart so
it will take real need (whether that is practical or intellectual is
irrelevant) to motivate you to get through the learning curve.

Bob