[eagle] Payload Adapters and excess launch margins

Lee McLamb ku4os at cfl.rr.com
Wed Jul 18 19:31:22 PDT 2007

As Bob mentioned I attended the NASA/NRO Rideshare conference again this year.
I've just uploaded a file to Eaglepedia with one of the presentations which
shows the current and some proposed secondary payload adapters presented by
United Launch Aliance (ULA - the new Boeing & Lockheed-Martin partnership).
Especially interesting is the 1000 and 1500 lb propellent margins for the
AEHF and WGS missions on slide 11.  While we won't be ready for their first
flight, both of these are the beginning of a constellation build-up which
means there will be multiple re-flights for each.  Now I'm looking for an
angle to get Eagle into an IPC for one of these missions.

http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/eagle/EaglePedia/uploads/a/aa/Keath_Karuntzoz_EELV_Secondary_Payload_Carriers_%28SPC%29.pdf

73,
Lee-KU4OS