[eagle] Re: Jim's comments

Juan Rivera juan-rivera at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 18 08:30:56 PDT 2007

Bob,

First of all I should warn everyone that I woke up this morning doubting my
11 milliamp CAN-Do power supply load figure.  I was rushed last night and I
want to recheck my work.

Also in this thread somewhere someone mentioned 0.008" as the max bend per
1" PCB segment.  It's worse than that if you accept the AVX suggestion.
Their number was 0.0038"  I've written all this up in my AMSAT presentation
and it's getting peer reviewed at the moment.  I hope to get it out in the
next week.

Bob,  I think your sketch is more or less what we (the OSCAR group) are
suggesting as a solution for the 70 cm Receiver.  I'm not sure it will be a
good universal solution, and if that 11 milliamp load ir correct then I
think we could just dump the switching step-down converter on the CAN-Do
module and completely eliminate the EMI emission problem by going to a
linear regulator or tapping power off of the main PCB.  That would side-step
a potentially troubesome problem.

73, Juan