[eagle] Re: 10 MHz Phase Noise

Bill Ress bill at hsmicrowave.com
Wed Jul 11 17:24:57 PDT 2007

Hi Juan,

Thanks for collecting the data. Now I'm flat amazed!!!

Assuming, as you say, that the signal is referenced to 0 dBm in the
SDR-IQ then it is essentially repeating the data at 10 Hz and 100Hz that
you got for the 10 MHz oscillator on the HP ES5500. That is really
super! I'm putting an SDR-IQ in the budget. Using clean heterodyne
sources, the SDR-IQ will make a great back end for a VHF-microwave phase
noise test set (unless I'm missing something).

I don't remember the schematic for the SDR-IQ but I think the reference
oscillator is just an ordinary crystal oscillator - right? If so that
accounts for the center frequency drift.

Do you have a HP part number for the 10 MHz oscillator?

Regards...Bill - N6GHz