[eagle] Re: First Temperature Run on the 70cm Receiver

Robert McGwier rwmcgwier at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 12:46:51 PDT 2007

I have been in Kuwait, UAE, Bahrain, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, etc.  It is
just hard to understand these temperatures.  I have been in a town when
the breeze came off the gulf and into the city.  The humid air,  at 135
degrees, would hit the air conditioned buildings and it would RAIN on
the side walks below from the condensation.

The young people there do need our support and thoughts and prayers but
so do the THOUSANDS of innocent of Iraqi's dying every single month.  We
are patting ourselves on the back because that total dropped from 1900
in May to 1200 in June.  It is too horrible to fathom.

I hope everyone has a chance to hear Keith Obermann's commentary from
last night on MSNBC. It was the single most brutal and devastating
commentary on a politician I have ever heard in my entire life.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19588942/

Sorry for the off topic remarks but having risked life and limb,
sanity, family, etc. for my country, and having earned this nation's
highest possible awards for having done so, I too wanted my president to
do a good job.

Happy 4th to all in the U.S. and I hope everyone is having a good summer
in the Northern hemisphere and a good winter in the Southern (yes, this
is a not so subtle reminder we are an international organization).

Bob
N4HY