[eagle] First Temperature Run on the 70cm Receiver

Juan Rivera juan-rivera at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 4 12:27:38 PDT 2007

Greeting!

I hope you are all having a great 4th of July!  And as Jim says, please give
a kind thought to the folks over in the Mid East.  The temperature over
there in the summer gets up to about 135 in the sun.  It's a miserable
environment just trying to walk from one place to another in a tee shirt.  I
can't imagine how anyone can grunt 40 or 50 pounds of equipment and have to
worry about getting blown up.  Believe me.  They all earn their pay!

Early this morning I started setting up for the first temperature run on the
prototype 70cm Eagle Receiver.  Unfortunately I believe that the master
oscillator has got to go.  I'll verify my suspicion this evening when the
temperature in the shack drops back down to survivable levels...

Please take a look and my report by clicking HERE
<http://www.juanr.com/pages/hobbies/ham_radio/Eagle/Temperature_Run.htm>
and look for the three audio wav files towards the end.

73,

Juan - WA6HTP