[eagle] Re: TeamSpeak conference for Tuesday 10 July 2007

Juan Rivera juan-rivera at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 3 22:30:30 PDT 2007

Jim,

Right now I think that CAN-D0 EMI is the long pole in the tent.  It impacts
many things:

1) Can the radiated EMI from the CAN-Do module be made low enough so other
users can utilize all the space in the enclosure?  If not, then they either
have to vacate the area near the CAN-Do module as I have or the module needs
to be in an RF-tight section by itself.  If this is the case then the
enclosure is impacted.

2) Is there a way to bring RF out the side of the enclosure?  This may
become very important depending on how quiet the CAN-Do module can be made.
It will become essential if the enclosure is split into two sections.
Perhaps the enclosure needs to be made slightly narrower to facilitate this.

3) Can EMI filtering be added to the CAN-Do module, perhaps on a small
outboard PCB, to clean up the DC input lines and also the switched DC to the
payloads?

4) We need an EMI spec and a way of generating noisy DC so folks can design
and test to something other than their imagination or best guess.

5) We need a short and long term frequency stability spec.