[eagle] 70 cm baseband data from 70 cm Receiver

Juan Rivera juan-rivera at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 20 19:39:31 PDT 2007

All,

I'm not trying to beat this to death but I want to make sure I fully
understand what I'm looking at here...

I spent some time this evening looking at the spectrum between the 10.7 MHz
IF output and zero Hertz.  I did this because I believe it may be a
significant area of interest since the receiver will feed an analog to
digital converter.  The A/D converter is not a tuned stage so it will
digitize baseband noise along with the IF signal.  I've been told that the
impact of noise in the baseband is to reduce the dynamic range in the
digital domain.  I'd appreciate an explanation since I am woefully ignorant
in this area.

I posted my results in the usual area.  Just scroll down till you come to
today's date.