[eagle] Re: Jim's Phase Noise Number!!

Chuck Green greencl at mindspring.com
Tue Jun 12 08:28:19 PDT 2007

Hi Matt,

We use almost all ceramic caps for smaller values.  The package sizes I
have used are 0603 and 1206.  And we have used values as high as 10 uF
in special situations.  The only down side is the obvious... the bigger
the capacitance, the lower the rated voltage in a given package size.
If you are dealing with small voltages then this doesn't really matter.
But we like to de-rate any capacitor's rated voltage by 50% in any
situation.

Chuck