[eagle] Re: Jim's Phase Noise Number!!

Juan Rivera juan-rivera at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 11 14:12:21 PDT 2007

Bdale,

Please refresh me on the function of the watchdog timer.  In the state I was
running, while observing the 3-second jumps, the receiver was shut down but
the CAN-Do module and dongle were both powered up (pins 39 and 40 not
connected to the receiver.)  I thought the module only reset if it detected
no heart beat from the dongle.

I think this evening I will fire up the receiver to recreate the noise I've
been seeing and then start playing with some brass sheet in front of the
inductor as a shield.  I tried probing all the pins with a 10x scope probe
connected to the SDR-IQ but I didn't see anything.  I'll repeat that test
with a 1x probe.  Based on last night I'm currently thinking that the noise
is radiated from that inductor rather than conducted via the 40-pin
connector.  There are receiver components very close to that inductor.

WA6HTP