[eagle] Re: Jim's Phase Noise Number!!

Jim Sanford wb4gcs at amsat.org
Sun Jun 10 19:46:12 PDT 2007

Bill:
-110 dbc/hz at 10khz offset is what I REMEMBER in my response to the
question, "What is a good phase noise number to shoot for in a microwave
narrowband (ssb/cw) system?"

My memory may very well be WRONG, which was the point of asking my question.

I agree with you, looks like -90dbC at 10 KHz, but given what Juan's
already said about his sources, and the uncertainties of the SDR-IQ,
that may be VERY good!

Do you have a different answer to my original question, "What is a good
phase noise number to shoot for in a microwave narrowband (ssb/cw)
system?"    If so, I'd like to engage in that conversation, both for
Eagle and for my terrestrial microwave station.

I agree with your assessment of Juan's work -- ABSOLUTELY EXEMPLARY!!!!!!

Thanks & 73,
Jim
wb4gcs at amsat.org