[eagle] Jim's Phase Noise Number!!

Bill Ress bill at hsmicrowave.com
Sun Jun 10 19:11:37 PDT 2007

Jim,

Where did the -110 dBC/Hz at 10 KHz come from? And at what frequency?
That's pretty aggressive using straight forward VCO's and PLLs. From
Juan's data with his snappy SDRIQ, it looks like that the 70 cm is doing
about -90 dBc/Hz at10 KHz. I thought that's what I read from his early
HP8566B dtata.

My straight forward S2 RX downconverter PLL LO does -100 dBc/Hz at 10 KHz.

We'd better get a good read on this since, if real, it forces more
sophisticated LO designs.

Great work Juan!!

Regards...Bill - N6GHz