[eagle] Re: New 70 cm Receiver Test Results

Grant Hodgson grant at ghengineering.co.uk
Sun Jun 10 00:42:29 PDT 2007

Juan

The VCO control line will be extreemly sensitive to noise; testing VCOs
with a power supply often gives more data about the power supply noise
than the VCO performance.  If you want to open the loop and control the
VCO directly, I would suggest controlling the VCO using a battery with a
potentiometer (10 turn if possible, or 'padded down' with resistors to
give a reduced VCO control range) and maybe a large value parallel
capacitor or two.

regards

Grant G8UBN