[eagle] Re: New 70 cm Receiver Test Results

Juan Rivera juan-rivera at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 9 20:25:39 PDT 2007

John,

I'll tackle that tomorrow.  For this prototype we can actually do exactly
what you suggest and just move the PCB back one set of standoffs and leave
the Can-Do module where it is.  Of course the SMA connectors will be
inaccessible with the cover on but I don't run it that way when testing
anyway, so it won't matter.

Getting the Can-do module desoldered won't be much fun but it should be
possible.  That's a job for next week.  I think I'll find tomorrow that U17
is also a contributor to the noise.  Perhaps I should cut into the VCO
control loop and control the VCO with an external supply if it starts to
look like a culprit.  Right now I'm out of variable supplies since all three
are tied up.   I don't have an oscilloscope that I trust but I may be able
to use the SDR-IQ with a scope probe to look at the VCO control loop since
it goes down to 500 Hz.  That will be an interesting test.  This little
radio is very useful.

  _____