[eagle] Re: New 70 cm Receiver Test Results

Juan Rivera juan-rivera at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 8 06:16:11 PDT 2007

Tom,

John had also asked me to adjust the power supply voltage slowly over its
entire input range while watching for spurs.  I couldn't see anything with
my spectrum analyzer but the SDR-IQ's noise floor is much lower and it's
very fast.  I'll try that test this weekend.  Those spurs might be switching
noise from the supply.

One of the few pieces of test equipment I actually purchaed new was a
low-cost tektronix oscilloscope.  It's about 15 years old now and not
functioning all that well.  I'll give the SDR-IQ a try with a scope probe on
the PLL loop and report back this weekend.