[eagle] Re: We need to step back and reorganize

Bill Ress bill at hsmicrowave.com
Sat May 26 19:04:27 PDT 2007

Bob,

I hear what you say about machined housings and the concerns that Juan
has about sheet metal. Personally I prefer a machined housing to help
(not cure) many of the issues that Juan raises regarding CTEs.

Consider this.....

I have been using eMachineshop ( www.emachineshop.com) with great
success and with very nice pricing for rather simple machined housings
for my microwave widgets. I have a small prototype mill and lathe to
build the first one and when I'm happy, the drawing is converted to
their software, the quote is done online, you place your order and the
parts come in the mail. So we don't need a team member with CNC
capability. Since our housings are somewhat "universal", a "basic"
housing can be machined (in quantity) with modifications tailored to the
specific circuit variations required. Seems like we have to do that with
the sheet metal housing anyway.

Just a thought!!

Regards...Bill...N6GHz