[eagle] Re: Another idea on phased array configuration

John B. Stephensen kd6ozh at comcast.net
Sat Apr 28 23:57:30 PDT 2007

The length of each side of a rectangular broaside array with a given
directivity is sqrt(directivity/12.6). For a 17.5 dBi gain this works out to
sqrt(56/12.6) = 2.1 wavelegths. A perfect 16-element array with
0.5-wavelength spacing would be slighty too small. However, a lossy
25-element array should provide sufficient gain. 9 elements of a 36-element
array or 14 elements of a 41-element array could be held in reserve.