[eagle] Re: Another idea on phased array configuration

Louis McFadin w5did at amsat.org
Thu Apr 26 08:07:30 PDT 2007

For 43 of the Hittite devices it would take 132 w to deliver 43w of
RF.  This doesn't count the circuitry needed to drive the finals or
other spacecraft requirements.
This will also present a huge thermal problem with the need to dump
around 100w of heat on the top of the spacecraft.
At least 250w of solar capacity would be needed to support this based
on current requirements.