[eagle] Re: Eagle 10 MHz Clock

Bill Ress bill at hsmicrowave.com
Wed Apr 11 10:47:50 PDT 2007

Rick,

Thanks for the clarification. I thought Tom was referring to the using
the "S/C" transponders for ranging - well I guess he would be using them.

My post below says "As you know John has already designed for operating
without the 10 MHz satellite clock and I'm also doing the same." so I'm
on the same page with you.

Regards...Bill - N6GHz

Rick Hambly (W2GPS) wrote:
> Bill,
>
> s/c means SpaceCraft.
>
> It is a waste of time to design for operation without the 10 MHz satellite
> oscillator (it is not a clock). The design will simply need to be redone. On
> the other hand, if designs incorporate their own soft fail options, so much
> the better.
>
> I expect a design for the 10MHz satellite reference based on a design Tom
> and I have seen that includes its own soft fail redundancy. I will discuss
> this possibility with Tom soon.
>
> Rick
> W2GPS
> AMSAT LM2232