[eagle] Re: Eagle 10 MHz Clock

Bill Ress bill at hsmicrowave.com
Wed Apr 11 10:41:24 PDT 2007

Thanks for the clarification on the past command receivers.

I agree with you fully about the frequency agility issue. If it's not
needed for a mission function, then it could be more of headache than a
feature. But then some of the receivers on AO-51 are agile and I'm not
aware of any issues.

On the S2 Receiver - the LO is "not" agile and likewise for the C
Transmitter LO. The prototype is using a synthesizer chip (Peregrine
PE3341) but it's EEPROM programmed before installing onto the PCB. Yes -
I know about the EEPROM radiation issue but I have a fall back position
with the "hardwired" version if it becomes a real problem.