[eagle] Re: Eagle 10 MHz Clock

Bdale Garbee bdale at gag.com
Wed Apr 11 07:39:13 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 14:12 -0700, Bill Ress wrote:

> Don't think power would be impacted since the spare unit would be in a
> power down mode.

Please don't assume that it's ok to have the power to a command receiver
switchable without substantial discussion and review.  All prior AMSAT
projects that I'm aware of have had command receivers always on, even if
they weren't always in use.  I'm pretty confident that includes both of
a redundant pair.  Happy to be corrected by others with better knowledge
of history if I'm mis-remembering some relevant case.

Bdale