[eagle] Personal planning

Jim Sanford wb4gcs at amsat.org
Tue Mar 27 18:37:55 PST 2007

All:
For your information, I provide some information regarding my status and
forthcoming availability.

My day job is getting busier.  As a result of a bunch of things, I'm now
the manager of what we'll call "shipboard automation."  This means I
have tentacles in all hardware, OS infrastructure, and custom
applications being developed for the shipboard areas I care about.
There are many things going on, but not necessarily well.  Part of my
mission is to herd the cats, set some priorities, and get some stuff
done -- enough churn.

I'll be attending "targeted selection" training for the next 2 days.  TS
is an interviewing technique, and there is a need for my assistance in
interviewing candidates.  Yeah, I know, there are millions, and it's not
different from what I've done before, but training is training.  I will
be out of pocket the next two days, but briefly available in the
evenings.  (Obvious conclusion:  I would welcome resumes from engineers
seeking employment in the Pittsburgh area.)

Starting Sunday (1 Apr), I'll be at Bechtel Project Management training
for a week.  I'm very excited about this -- Bechtel routinely does
things that very few organizations in the world can do, on time, in
budget, and without getting anybody hurt.  This tremendou educational
opportunity has been in the works for over a year.  I'll have the laptop
with me and access to email, but it will be after long days and several
hours of homework each night.  So, I'll be reachable, but in a
limited/delayed way.  This is a good thing, I'm SURE I'll get things out
of this which will help me help Eagle.

Bottom line:  Don't stop sending me anything, just recognize that my
construction of UHF receiver prototypes -- that work will be my highest
AMSAT priority.

Thanks & 73,
Jim
wb4gcs at amsat.org