[eagle] Re: adding stuff to amsat.org

Rick Hambly (W2GPS) w2gps at cnssys.com
Sun Feb 18 06:53:01 PST 2007

Phil,

Yes, it was me.  The purpose is not to add anything new or change anything
specific, but rather to get a handle on some ongoing activities that are
languishing and need attention.  Just look at
http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/AboutAmsat/officers.php
if you want to know what I am concerned about.

I will be doing a survey of our applications, like the new Web site and
AIMS, to aid in planning for the future. I will also be looking to see how
we can best plan for backup application maintainers.

In the long run I can envision a move of some or all of the functions of the
current computer into our new lab in Pocomoke City MD contingent on the
commercial fiber optic line coming in and a qualified on-site maintainer
being recruited.  This would allow expanded use of our facilities beyond
what is allowed in the university environment.

This is a strategic and executive information gathering activity, not
Engineering or an Eagle activity at this point.

Rick
W2GPS
AMSAT President