[eagle] Re: LO Phase noise (was : TeamSpeak conference for Tuesday 16Jan)

John B. Stephensen kd6ozh at comcast.net
Sat Jan 13 12:16:57 PST 2007

Low frquencies will be dominated by the multiplied reference oscillator
noise and high frequencies by the VCO free-running noise with an area of
relatively flat phase noise in between. The simulation I've done may not be
as accurate as possible as phase detector noise isn't specified for the SoI
PLL ICs being used. However it may be easier to determine whether the
existing design is adequate for the text-mode uplinks rather than come up
with a general model.

73