[eagle] Re: TeamSpeak conference for Tuesday 16 Jan

Phil Karn karn at ka9q.net
Tue Jan 9 17:24:00 PST 2007

Jim Sanford wrote:
> Team:
> I'm sending this out by email because I'm having some difficulties with
> the TS page on EaglePedia.
>
> Things I'd like to discuss:
>     70cm RX status

Speaking of which, Bob and I discussed the phase noise issue during our
visit to Mountain View last month.

I was going to model phase noise as 1/f^2, but Bob pointed out that the
integral of that expression bounded at zero (DC) is undefined. So we
need another, more realistic model of oscillator phase noise if we're
going to compute its effect on digital demodulation.

--Phil