[eagle] Re: A wild thought

Frank Brickle brickle at pobox.com
Tue Jan 2 20:01:14 PST 2007

Bdale Garbee wrote:

> Maybe it depends on how "sexy" or interesting the item under evaluation
> is?  As an example from the other end of the continuum, I know that all
> the CAN-Do stuff has been out where anyone can look at it for many
> months now, and has been referenced on amsat-bb, and to the best of my
> knowledge the number of people who have provided feedback to Stephen on
> the firmware can be counted on the fingers of one hand...

Agreed. In working out the low-bitrate Eagle channels, one of the
the things we're aiming for is to exploit as much Open Source
technology as possible. That was part of the point of my paper and
presentation on this topic at the last Symposium.

In that sense, a lot of the design and technology has been subject
to review and critique for years. I don't think anybody is
interested in duplicating all that work, and it's hard to see what
would be gained by it.

73
Frank
AB2KT