[amsat-florida] Tampa Hamfest Dec4 and 5 and antenna project

Andrew Glasbrenner glasbrenner at mindspring.com
Sun Nov 21 17:21:50 PST 2010

Greetings Group,

The Tampa Hamfest is just around the corner, and I'm looking for some
volunteers to help out. We have 90 minutes of forum time to fill again
this year, so I'm hoping to have some help there. Lou, can you speak on
ARISSat-1 if you are able to attend? Dave, how about ARISS as a topic?

I'd like to try something new this year. I've purchased supplies for
making the little UHF receive antenna, the "CJU". This is a Moxon with a
reflector that works well for Mode J downlinks on the FM and transponder
sats. I have 40 SMA to SMA LMR100 type surplus cables that can be cut in
half and used for the antenna feedline, the rest is brazing rod and $1
worth of PVC parts. I'm also making a jig to bend the wire to size. What
I'd like to do is offer these to those who during the weekend purchase
or renew their membership, or donate a minimum of $25 dollars towards
ARISSat-1 or FOX. What do you think? Is anyone interested in helping
with this little project?

Let me know if you can attend and help in the booth please.

73,
Drew KO4MA