[amsat-florida] Gear for sale

Andrew Glasbrenner glasbrenner at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 1 09:07:04 PDT 2010

  I still have the following available, with new, lower prices. I can
demo all the gear, and will travel reasonable distances to deliver even.

73, Drew KO4MA

On 9/12/2010 12:33 PM, Andrew Glasbrenner wrote:
>  Gentlemen,
>
> I have some radios that need to find new homes. All would make
> excellent starter rigs or backup rigs, or for those who dislike menu
> driven radios. None of the HF rigs or the handheld uses any form of a
> menu.
>
> Icom IC-735 HF transceiver 160-10m. This is a very well rated radio,
> and even has a transverter port built in. It is good cosmetically for
> it's age, with a few scratches and tape/label residue in spots. It has
> the manual, box, and little plastic door, although it is scratched
> from label removal. I do not have a mike, but did make contacts using
> my IC-910 mike, and it works fine. Notch and IF shift works very well
> on this radio. $300
>
> Kenwood TS-140 HF transceiver 160-10m. This radio is in a little
> better shape than the 735, but doesn't have quite all the bells and
> whistles. However, personally I like the bigger S meter and
> fluorescent frequency display better. It is also slightly larger and
> has in my opinion easier to use controls. Comes with a MC80 desk mike
> (unfortunately with some label residue I'm still trying to remove) for
> $300. Manual and box also included.
>
> Alinco DJ-120 2m handheld. This is a really simple 2m HT, with a
> freshly rebuilt battery pack, DTMF, and subtone encode via dip
> switches on the back panel. This would make a good beginner's radio, a
> second radio to work the FM satellites full duplex, or one to toss in
> a Ziploc bag for the canoe or bicycle when you don't want to risk your
> $400 VX-8 or IC-92. No charger included as I've been charging off the
> 13.8v input on the battery pack. $40
>
> Pyramid 35A linear supply, metered but they are pretty small. It has a
> replacement knob on the voltage adjustment. $60
Ameritron AL-84 4-tube amp. Currently wired for 110v, it measured ~400w
out on SSB into my 80 meter dipole. It has a replacement cover that I
think was part of a plan for better airflow, along with a muffin fan
bolted to the top that I tossed. Manual included. $275