[amsat-florida] The AMSAT-Florida net

Andrew Glasbrenner glasbrenner at mindspring.com
Thu Apr 8 18:22:51 PDT 2010

Gentlemen,

The AMSAT-Florida net is in very real peril. I've not been available
much at all with the arrival of my son, extra hours at work, and my
other AMSAT duties like keeping AO-51 alive. That has left Cameron and
Dave to shoulder the responsibility. Combined with the changes to the
NI4CE system, we are in very real danger of having to end the net due to
lack of net control stations. Several regular checkins have the
experience to call this very informal net; we don't require a super ham,
just someone who can read a script, reads -bb and ANS, and can maybe
answer some basic questions or find someone on the net that can.

Again, if you enjoy the net and can help as a net control once in a
while, please hit reply all and let us know. If we don't get at least
two volunteers, I'm afraid we'll have to stop altogether.

73, Drew KO4MA

PS KG4LCR, if you still want to help, drop me an email and I'll send you
the latest script. I'm sorry I got off track after Tampa.