[amsat-florida] [Fwd: [Sumbandila: 160] SO-67 activation schedule: 13-15 Nov 2009]

Andrew Glasbrenner glasbrenner at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 13 13:01:20 PST 2009

Gentlemen,

This is a new satellite from South Africa. It has a VERY strong
downlink, easily copyable on an unsquelched HT. Take a listen at the UTC
times listed for USA (East) below, starting at about 435.355, and tuning
down through 435.335 by the end of the pass. I'd recommend listening to
a pass to get the hang of things before trying to transmit, and use
narrow FM or speak softly on the uplink. I'll be happy to field
questions about satellite related stuff, and invite everyone interested
in AMSAT to join us on the NI4CE system Thursday nights at 730PM for the
Florida AMSAT net.

73, Drew KO4MA