[amsat-florida] Re: KSC Balloon Launch Friday

Lee McLamb ku4os at cfl.rr.com
Fri Jul 17 11:23:55 PDT 2009

We did launch a balloon from KSC this morning.  The release was delayed to
1000 to give the students time to finish setting up.  The 2m frequency shifted
to 144.980 MHz and had very low audio levels.  We'll have to extrapolate the
burst altitude as the GPS didn't provide fixes above about 75 kft.  I'll post a
more detailed follow-up when we've had a chance to review all the data.

Reception reports and any copied data would be greatly appreciated.  You can
send them to me at this address.

73,
Lee-KU4OS