[amsat-florida] Re: FW: EchoLink

Lou McFadin mcfadin at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 1 21:00:50 PST 2008

I have a Mac and use Echo Mac but the problems are the same. The
problem I have is that the router in my house assigns local IP numbers
automatically on request. Any time you reset it for any reason the
IP's assigned to a particular computer may change. Then you have to go
in and revise the IP numbers in the Port range forwarding list to
match the new IP number assigned to that particular computer.
The only way to get around that is to set your router and computer to
configure the various computers on your net work to get their IP
numbers manually. Then you are in charge and they won't change every
time you have to reset your router.

Lou McFadin
W5DID
ARISS US Hardware manager