[amsat-florida] Re: FW: EchoLink

Robert Davies robert at ki4hxt.com
Tue Apr 1 15:01:26 PST 2008

Bill Dzurilla wrote:
> Thanks, David.  I had set up Echolink with no problem
> 2 years ago at a prior QTH.  Interestingly, the latest
> version is supposed to work on most nodes even without
> port forwarding, but here it is not working on any
> node  even with port forwarding configured.  I was not
> able to establish a static IP address, called my ISP
> as suggested in the instructions to get the DNS
> servers but they were unable or unwilling to provide
> them.
>
> 73, Bill NZ5N
> --- David J <n4csitwo at bellsouth.net> wrote:
>

>> Bill,
>>
>> Thanks for your efforts in this. You are the 4th
>> person I have encountered
>> that has had EXTREME difficulty in configuring for
>> echolink. I am still one
>> of them myself. I finally gave up until I figure I
>> have to use it for
>> something important.
>> Let me look into this somemore and see if I can at
>> least get my system
>> working with it and I'll let you know what I did to
>> get it working. In the
>> meantime, I have forwarded this email to our
>> AMSAT-FLORIDA list in hopes
>> that someone will answer as Scott did who might have
>> another angle on this.
>> I really hope we can find a solution so we can have
>> you as a guest on the
>> net.
>>
>> I'll be in touch,
>>
>> Dave, AA4KN

I may be able you fix this problem,but there is some information that I
need to help you.
1. What type of antivirus software are you using?
2. Are you using a fire wall on the pc windows or the one  in the anti
virus program?
3. What type of modem do you have ie: westel etc.? I assume that you are
using bellsouth for your connection.
4. Are you using a router and if so what brand?

This is a partial of what I retrieved from your IP address

ReferralServer: rwhois: //rwhois.eng.bellsouth.net: 4321
 NetRange:   74.224.0.0 <http://samspade.org/whois?query=74.224.0.0;server=auto> - 74.255.255.255 <http://samspade.org/whois?query=74.255.255.255;server=auto>
 CIDR:       74.224.0.0/11
 NetName:     BELLSNET-BLK18 <http://samspade.org/whois?query=BELLSNET-BLK18;server=whois.arin.net>
 NetHandle:   NET-74-224-0-0-1 <http://samspade.org/whois?query=NET-74-224-0-0-1;server=whois.arin.net>
 Parent:     NET-74-0-0-0-0
 NetType:    Direct Allocation
 NameServer: AUTH-DNS.ASM.BELLSOUTH.NET <http://samspade.org/whois?query=AUTH-DNS.ASM.BELLSOUTH.NET;server=auto>
 NameServer: AUTH-DNS.MIA.BELLSOUTH.NET <http://samspade.org/whois?query=AUTH-DNS.MIA.BELLSOUTH.NET;server=auto>
 NameServer: AUTH-DNS.MSY.BELLSOUTH.NET <http://samspade.org/whois?query=AUTH-DNS.MSY.BELLSOUTH.NET;server=auto>
network: Class-Name: network
 network: ID: NET-2742330016 <http://samspade.org/whois?query=NET-2742330016;server=whois.arin.net>
 network: Auth-Area: 74.233.0.0/16
 network: Network-Name: MIAMI ADSL POOL 15 PPP
 network: IP-Network: 74.233.0.0/18
 network: Org-Name: BellSouth.net <http://samspade.org/whois?query=BellSouth.net;server=auto>

--
     KI4HXT