[amsat-dc] Field Day

Stephan Greene ks1g04 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 18:05:44 PDT 2013

Our March meeting was on the subject of portable stations, and FD is the
ultimate portable event.  I ran the K4LRG (5A VA) satellite station again.
This was the year everything finally came together - computer control of
radios and antennas worked, got our 1st QSO in on the 1st possible pass
(AO-7), and we worked 41 stations total (5 contacts were dupes under the
AMSAT rules, so 36 official).  Had a great time.

I've posted some pictures of the operation on my Google+ page:
https://plus.google.com/photos/117118704526929601037/albums/5892865960051970897?

Hope everyone who gave FD a try had a great weekend.

73
Steve KS1G