[amsat-dc] Follow Up to Workshop: The GBHC This Saturday

Kilroy, Patrick L. (GSFC-5680) patrick.l.kilroy at nasa.gov
Mon Apr 1 13:15:02 PDT 2013

Hello fellow AMSAT Members,

YOU ARE INVITED to help staff the
AMSAT booth at the local hamfest in
Timonium, Md. with us this Saturday!

So far, it is just Ken Perko WA3WHE and me
in the booth.  We have a premium 1.5-hour
or 2-hour slot in the schedule for you to
slip in and provide a sliver of relief for
one of us.  Just call or write me what time
you'd like to volunteer with us.  All the
info about the show is given below and
at the GBHC Web site link shown.

There is room to set up a demo or two as
well.  Would you like to show off part of
your portable satellite ground station and
laptop software in action?  Please do!

Otherwise just swing by to chat.  You may
purchase a ticket to the hamfest on the
morning of, and find us in the Cow Palace
like last year.

This coming Saturday ought to be another
fine day for Amateur Radio and satellites!

n8pk at amsat.org

The GBHC http://www.gbhc.org

Greater Baltimore Hamboree and Computerfest

Saturday, April 6, 2013  9:00 A.M.-4:00 P.M.
Located at the Maryland State Fairgrounds
2200 York Road in Timonium, Maryland 21093
(served by Maryland-45, Interstate-83, and
 the Timonium Light Rail stop)

P.S.  . . .

AMSAT NEWS SERVICE
ANS-090 [snippet]

+ Watch a video of WD9EWK working FO-29 from the Scottsdale, Arizona
  Hamfest on Saturday, March 9. 2013.  Patrick used two FT-817ND rigs,
  one for the uplink transmitter, the second to receive the downlink
  on a handheld ELK 2M/70cm antenna.  The video is posted at:
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0ZhR7Doby0E

P.S. 2  The Local AMSAT-DC Web Page:
        http://patkilroy.com/amsat-dc/

P.S. 3  A follow up note about the March 23
Workshop on Portable Satellite Ground Stations
is expected in the next week or so.  Certainly,
a good time was had by all!